Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lin Qian's story

My grandparents are staying alone.
my parents have asked them to stay with us, but they refused by saying,
"we refer to stay alone."
i heard from my aunt,it is because my grandparents don't want to disturb our daily lives. They scared they might be burden to my father. That's why they insist to stay alone.

My parent will go to visit them every weekend. what i noticed is that, my grandparents will look extremly happy, when they see us. They will try to talk everything happened in that week to my parents. everytime, when we left their house, they will send us to the 1st floor and see us leaving. it makes me feel that they really need the care from their children and grandchildren.
they need somebody to talk.

the most common topic from my grandma is that: "it is hard for just only cook for 2 persons, i don't even know how to buy things from the market."
my father also found out that there are always leftover food placed on their table.
Everytime when he ask them to throw the food away, my grandma will say:"Don't waste the food!"

My grandparents' health is not that good, they get sick quite often, and yet they still eat the leftover food. i think this is one of reasons why they get sick so often.

No comments: